- CCSU History Department Fall 2014 Newsletter!
- New Book Published in Prof. Tully’s Series
- History Department 2014 Spring Newsletter!
- Prof. Tully Presses Case for Social Studies to State Board of Education
- Prof. McGrath Presents at International Conference on Medieval Studies
- Prof. Specter Selected for Seminar at Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies
- Dr. Donald Rogers Named Finalist for Teaching Award
SubscribeWe apologize for the brief advertising message on the subscription page. It allows CCSU to use the subscription service at no cost.
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Matriarchy, Patriarchy, and Imperial Security in Africa: Explaining Riots in Europe and Violence in Africa Marsha Robinson Lexington Books, 2012 From the Amazon.com book page: “The uniqueness of this book lies not only in its eclectic themes and scope of … Continue reading
“The Summit Women’s Center Protest of 1989: Connecticut’s Modern Clash over Women’s Rights” in Connecticut History, Spring Issue, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp. 16-39.
At the 70th Annual Conference of the Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences in America, held in Boston on September 7-8, Prof. Biskupski gave one of the Plenary Session papers entitled “Piotr Wandycz,” dedicated to one of the outstanding historians of … Continue reading
Prof. Gloria Emeagwali has published a series of video documentaries on Africa and the African Diaspora. You can view the documentaries on this site.
The United States and the Rebirth of Poland, 1914-1918 M. B. B. Biskupski Republic of Letters Publishing, 2012 From the publisher site: “By the end of World War I, an independent Polish state had re-emerged on the map after an … Continue reading
Independence Day: Myth, Symbol, and the Creation of Modern Poland M. B. B. Biskupski Oxford University Press, 2012 From the Oxford University Press site: “The 11th of November 1918, Polish Independence Day, is a curious anniversary whose commemoration has been only … Continue reading