I. The Information Technology Committee recommends that a new emailing list (campus-announce) be created for all CCSU employees and the following guidelines be adopted:
- The list will be announce only; replies would only go to sender.
- The list is intended solely for announcement of campus events or events in the surrounding community of interest to the campus.
- No attachments will be permitted; links to flyers or additional information are encouraged.
- At the beginning of each academic year all CCSU employees will be enrolled on the list; an initial message will explain the rules of the list and provide clear directions for opting-out from the list. Every message will also include opt-out info in the message footer.
- The list will not be moderated; senders who do not adhere to these guidelines will be advised of the rules and asked to refrain from abusing the list.
- The ITC will re-examine these list policies prior to April 2012, sooner if need arises, and recommend further changes as necessary.
II. The ITC further recommends the deactivation of the campusforum list.