Present: T. Burkholder, G. Mejia, D. Blitz, C. Menoche, K. Saha, R. Todd, S. Hyat, S. Kirstukas, T. Brodeur, S. Pesino, J. Snyder, L. Washko, T. Rivera
I. Meeting called to order at 1:04 p.m.
II. Minutes of April 1, 2011 were approved without amendment
- T. Burkholder announced that Senate needs nominations for ITC. The list will be approved at its next meeting.
- G. Mejia submitted application for hosting CALICO and expects to hear back by May.
IV. Old Business
- CSU course management software review update – S. Pesino said that she will forward a link to the committee’s site. Vendors have until mid-May to respond to committee questions. An open source product will be on the final list.
- Opt-Out policy for academic users list server guidelines – Report was submitted by T. Burkholder, C. Menoche, R. Wolff, and G. Gigliotti. The guidelines go forward to the Senate in the form that the ITC approves them. T. Burkholder stated that the ITC can discuss actions if a member abuses the list.
- The committee discussed the guidelines. It was suggested that the Campus Forum list server be removed. Academic listserv will continue to be used.
- Details about initial email will be worked on during the summer.
- Motion (D. blitz, second: C. Menoche) to accept the guidelines with one amendment to exclude students from the list. Motion passed.
- Online assessment committee report – No update. The committee discussed online assessment. C. Menoche suggested that the ITC discuss assessment in the fall and make recommendations to the Provost. S. Pesino indicated that the new LMS will likely have assessment capabilities.
V. New Business
- Elections – T. Burkholder suggested that the committee hold elections at the first meeting in the fall semester.
- G. Mejia stated that emails from Prof4Progress are being captured as spam and cannot be unjunked. ITS will look into the issue.
- T. Rivera reported that for the period May 23 to August 5, phone support is available Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays. Walk-in support is available from 9a.m. to 4:30 p.m. between Monday and Thursday.
VI. Meeting adjourned at 2:01 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by