Present: T. Burkholder, J. Farhat, J. Snyder, J. Kazecki, K. Kean, K. Saha, C. Labedz, J. Turner, S. Kirstukas, S. Bernstein, J. Estrada, E. Iglesias, H. Rudzinski, Guests: C. Menoche, A. Kullgren
I. Meeting called to order at 1:03 p.m.
II. Minutes of October 7, 2011 were approved without amendment (J.Farhat)
- No announcements
IV. Old Business
- ITC Committee Wheel – T. Burkholder presented a document outlining recurring tasks. C. Labedz asked about the process by which the software request committee goes about its work. J. Estrada asked about the process of changing bylaws. He also asked if the committee would like an annual report or some other recurring basis about the LMS. The committee discussed the benefits of a recurring LMS report. C. Labedz will make changes to the document and T. Burkholder will post to the committee’s site.
- SAS and SPSS – L. Washko submitted a document with results of the SAS-SPSS survey. J. Farhat explained about packages and licenses for both products. He suggested that the committee continue investigating the issues before making any decisions about financing the products. J. Estrada indicated that the costs for a variety of software packages and licenses are being moved from the system to the campus. The committee will return to this discussion in December.
V. New Business
- ITC Software Requests – The survey constructed by L. Washko and H. Rudzinski was presented to the committee. A deadline of November 29 was suggested so the committee can have results for the December 2 meeting. T. Burkholder expressed the importance of alerting our constituents about the survey. C. Menoche asked that the letter to faculty indicates that the money is for purchases for fall 2012 and when the money will be available. He also asked for a PC and Mac list of installed software. Survey items were discussed.
- Bylaw Revision Suggestions – T. Burkholder requested that members review the bylaws and respond to him with any changes.
- Master Calendar – T. Burkholder shared a request from O. Mamed about updating the master calendar with academic events (seminars, etc.). Members were asked to remind constituents about updating the master calendar more frequently. T. Burkholder suggested that the committee address both this issue and the functions of the master calendar and Mark McLaughlin’s announcements calendar.
- ITAC Member –J. Estrada requested that a member of ITC join the ITAC. J. Farhat volunteered to serve.
Meeting adjourned at 2:03 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by