This is where we stay on the trip! Inch House Irish Studies Centre, Inch Island, Donegal
Accommodations at Inch House
Inch House has comfortable homestay style accommodations. Some rooms are in a converted barn, other rooms are in a new purpose-built house. There are 10 double rooms with en suite baths and 2 double rooms with private bath in the hallway. Some rooms can hold more than two people, even up to six. You will be asked to specify which type of room you prefer. Both buildings have a living room with an entertainment setup, and a full kitchen for the use of guests. Internet access also is provided. In Dublin we stay at Beweley’s Hotel, Leopardstown.
Food at Inch House
The Inch House Kitchen focuses on locally sourced food ensuring that all ingredients are fresh and of the highest quality with a wide range of traditional Irish dishes to suit all tastes using the best of local ingredients only. Accommodation can be made for any dietary needs or tastes. The following is a selection.
Traditional Inch House Main courses:
- Tender Irish lamb on a creamy rosemary mash served with locally sourced organic vegetables
- Traditional homemade Irish Guinness Stew with Irish beef served with locally grown potatoes
- Homemade traditional Irish Cottage Pie
- Homemade traditional Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Traditional Cooked Breakfast with sausages, black and white pudding, beans, bacon and locally supplied Irish quality eggs
- Locally sourced shellfish served with a vinaigrette made with locally supplied fresh herbs
- Locally caught oysters tossed in a homemade garlic and white wine jus
- Irish salmon with locally grown potatoes
- Traditional Irish sausages served with local black and white pudding and mash from locally grown potatoes
- Traditional Irish Bacon and Cabbage served with homemade soda and wheaten bread
- Inch House Burgers with the best of locally farmed beef
Traditional Inch House Desserts:
- Homemade Irish Apple Pie with Derry Ice Cream
- Traditional Irish Cream Baileys Cheesecake
- Variety of Homemade Irish Scones with a selection of fruit jams made of locally sourced fruit
- Traditional Irish Coffee
- Carragheen Moss Blanchmange
- Traditional Irish Bread and Butter Pudding.