Physical Education Program Coordinator
Ed.D., 1990, Physical Education: Fitness & Wellness, Arizona State University
M.S., 1980, Physical Education & Dance, Indiana University
B.S., 1979, Health & Physical Education, Ursinus College
018 Kaiser Building
Courses taught recently:
PE 374: Methods of Teaching Fitness
PE 420: Lifespan Motor Development
PE 422: Motor Learning
PE 280: Methods of Teaching Racquet Sports
Other courses taught:
PE 278: Methods of Teaching Games
PE 111: Orientation to Physical Education
PE 244: Fitness/Wellness Adventures (now 144)
PE 507: Human Perspectives in Sport
- To develop and mentor teacher candidates to become highly effective physical educators.
- To investigate and share “Best Practices” for diverse school settings.
- Instruct on how to guide and encourage PreK-12th graders in fitness and skill-based activities.
- Study the impact of motor development and motor learning on fundamental and skilled movement.
- Continue to develop and maintain a premier physical education teacher education program with strong roots in the surrounding public schools – accomplished through collaboration with peer faculty and public school teachers.