This is the site for the 2017 annual meeting of the Bertrand Russell Society to be held June 2 – 4, 2017 at Central Connecticut State University, located in New Britain, Connecticut. Information will be posted on the following topics (click on the colored links):
* Call for Papers
* Directions to the University
* Lodging (dorms or hotel)
* Speakers, Panels and Poster Presentations
* Bertrand Russell Audio-Visual Project
The Bertrand Russell Society (BRS), an international organization dedicated to the work and memory of the philosopher Bertrand Russell, will hold its annual meeting at Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, Connecticut from June 2 to June 4, 2017.
If you are interested in presenting a paper at the BRS Annual Meeting, please contact Professor Tim Madigan at email@example.com- We welcome papers on any aspect of Russell’s life, thought, work, and legacy. We also welcome proposals for other activities that might be appropriate for the meeting (e.g., a master class on an essay by/about Russell). The abstract should be no longer than two paragraphs. The deadline for submission is May 1, 2017.
There is a time limit of 15 minutes for presentations. There will be an additional 15 minutes allotted for discussion.
There will be a panel discussion on the centenary of Principles of Social Reconstruction (Why Men Fight), as well as student poster presentations on the Life and Times of Russell.
Further details about the annual meeting (registration, etc.) will be posted at the Bertrand Russell Society website:
There are two options for lodging:
1) The CCSU dorms cost $24 per person per night. There is an additional one time linen fee of $48.
2) The Courtyard Marriott is located on a direct line (the same street) about 5 miles from the university. We have reserved a block of rooms at $109 plus tax and applicable fees.
For more information contact Debbie Sokolowski at 860-832-2915.