Take Our Word For It – Dr. William Nelson

Written By: idtrc - Sep• 01•11

Dr. William Nelson is an Assistant Professor in CCSU’s Special Education Department and has been using the Center’s resources for a long time. We asked Dr. Nelson to tell us a little about how the Center has helped him and here’s what he shared:

“Over the past three years the staff in the Instructional Design and Technology Resource Center (IDTRC) has been significantly helpful, since they have enabled me to provide my students with a video of their mock instructional lesson presented in my SPED 518 course (Instructional Methods for Students with Special Needs-Secondary).  This support enabled my students to reflect upon their instructional effectiveness through reviewing the video that the IDTRC staff facilitated.

The support of the Center has significantly enabled my students to become reflective instructors, and thus has had a significant positive impact upon their abilities to provide excellent instruction to their students.  This video review enabled my students to observe and improve their instructional delivery.

The IDTRC staff has recently helped me to acquire a FLIP video camera that enhanced the taping of the video lessons; and the implementation of this technology has greatly eased the sharing of the videos with the students.  Without the support of the IDTRC staff this project would not have been possible.”

We appreciate Dr. Nelson’s support and look forward to working with him more in the Fall 2011 semester!

For more information on the Flip SlideHD camera Dr. Nelson purchased, please visit the Flip Video Website.

As always, for more information on how the Center can benefit you please visit our website, come visit us in Willard 004, and stay tuned for more editions of The Center Lines.

Share

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.